Thornhill Parish Church

Serving the local community

 CONTACT  for wedding.sbaptims or funerals            
 Rev Sue Clarke  01924 450746  please leave a message with your telephone number and she will get back to you if she is  out when you ring
click here for email


Funerals -the first approach to the church is often by the funeral directors

All churchyards are coverered by Diocesan Regulations and at the moment we have to still use the ones for the old Diocese of Wakefield - pending the decision from the new Diocese of Leeds on what the new ones will say.
Click here to see them

see also the separate section on the churchyard here

 Baptism / christening.  can be held within the main service at 9.30 a.m., or during a separate service on Sunday afternoons.Weddings are often planned a long time ahead because of other activities in the church




Baptism is a sign of new life in Christ.

Baptism is a happy time for families -  If you are interested in baptism, or in having your child baptised, you should contact the Rector ( see information above)  for information and advice.

Welcome we are delighted you are considering being married in Thornhill Parish Church
Click here for some information which might help in your preparations

- awaiting uploading

A quarter of all weddings take place in a Church of England church. We avaerage around twenty weddings per year in our church.

 Some couples hold a Service of Blessing after taking their civil vows in a Registry Office.

Wedding at THornhillwedding at Thornhill

The explains what is understood by ‘Christian marriage’, what the church service involves, and some of the legal considerations.